In my mailbox today landed a list of the dumbest questions asked by visitors to Banff National Park. Fortunately, I’m not going anywhere near there on my trip, staying in the Vancouver vicinity, but it’s a good reminder of what not to say to stay in the good graces of our Canadian friends.
- Did I miss the turnoff for Canada? (while standing in the middle of Banff!)
- Where does Alberta end and Canada begin?
- Is this the part of Canada that speaks French, or is that Saskatchewan?
- If I go to B.C., do I have to go through Ontario?
- How far is Banff from Canada?
- What’s the best way to see Canada in a day?
And my favorite: “Don’t you Canadians know anything?”